Solitaire Dressage Sponsors

  • Captured
  • Protexin
  • Caviera Bedding

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Organisation is key

was reminded recently that we only regret the rides we didn't do. Last December I was sitting in my kitchen in the haze of a migraine anxiously aware of the ticking clock and the deadline of my training session. It was not really a question of sucking it up and getting a move on rather I was trying to streamline my thoughts to a cohesive action plan that would make it possible to drive to the horse box hire company, return, pack and load and arrive at training in good time to present myself and my horse. I knew I had to wipe all thoughts worries and anxieties from my pounding head if I had any chance of being on time and being in the zone to learn and improve. 
One step at a time I reviewed the challenge and we hit the road. Smooth turn around some 50 minutes later and on the return journey I thought about packing the gear and loading my horse. We were all aboard in under ten minutes, largely because all my gear and my horses essentials for travel are packed into bags. I did not even need to check the contents as since I discovered Kitbrix my gear has been ready when I am. So now the journey to training. I taped my wrist and concentrated on thinking about tacking up and riding into the arena on time. I did not allow any of my usual brain chatter room as the headache was all consuming. 
This turned out to be one of the best training sessions I have ever experienced, I arrived calm and followed my coaches plan and suggestions and a break through riding the canter half pass pattern from M75 gave me the best moment in the saddle ever. I felt the ease of the movement, I realised we would hit our marker in balance and with a good rhythm as we crossed the 3/4 line. I grinned at Emile I felt overwhelming pride and happiness and in that moment Jack looked back at me and shared the most incredible connection I have ever felt. I will never forget that moment or what it took to get there. We went home happy, my headache an irrelevance and the memory of riding through, of being oranised enough to cope is a lesson I hold on to.


No comments: